Google suddenly began to distribute a stable version of the Android 13 operating system. It is gradually becoming available for Pixel smartphones around the world. It fixed a lot of bugs and introduced a large number of innovations — the main developers talked about it in their blog.
Top 13 improvements in Android 13:
one. Thematic icons, the color of which, together with the system interface, adapts to the selected wallpaper, are now also available for third-party applications.
2. All applications can now be assigned different languages other than the system language.
3. An updated media player has appeared in the curtain, the appearance of which adapts to music or a podcast.
four. In Digital Wellbeing, which collects app usage statistics, you can now customize your sleep mode with wallpaper dimming and a dark theme.
5. App access to photos and videos can now be made restricted, opening them only certain media files.
6. When copying an email address, phone number, or login credentials, Android 13 automatically clears the cache history after a certain period of time.
7. All downloaded applications will now require your permission to send notifications — they will be inactive by default.
eight. There is support for Spatial Audio — on compatible headphones, this technology will adapt the sound depending on the position of the head of the user of a smartphone or tablet.
9. On Chromebooks, it will be possible to stream messaging apps from your smartphone so that you can chat on your laptop without being distracted by your mobile phone.
ten. There is support for Bluetooth Low Energy (LE) Audio, a new audio standard that provides lower latency, higher sound quality and the ability to stream audio to multiple devices simultaneously.
eleven. Android 13 smartphones and tablets with a single account will have a clipboard sharing feature that allows you to copy a URL, image, text, or video on one device and paste it on another.
12. Tablets have a new taskbar that lets you see all your apps and easily drag and drop any of them into split screen view.
13. Tablets have learned to register contact with the screen of the palm and stylus as different touches in order to avoid accidental clicks while drawing.
The developers also noted a number of less noticeable improvements in Android 13, including support for HDR video in third-party camera apps, an updated media output switcher, and improved Talkback.
What devices is Android 13 available on?
You can install Android 13 by downloading the system image on the following devices:
- Pixel 4;
- Pixel 4XL;
- Pixel 4a;
- Pixel 4a 5G;
- Pixel 5;
- Pixel 5a;
- Pixel 6
- Pixel 6 Pro;
- Pixel 6a.
Google added that before the end of this year, Android 13 will be released for a large number of partner devices from Samsung, Asus, HMD (Nokia), iQOO, Motorola, OnePlus, Oppo, Realme, Sharp, Sony, Tecno, Vivo and Xiaomi. Probably, first of all we are talking about flagship smartphones.