Microsoft plans to release the next big update to Windows 11 version 22H2 on September 20th. This is reported by sources familiar with the plans of the company.
Microsoft has been testing Windows 11 22H2 for several months. The update should include a number of important improvements. Among them:
- the ability to use folders in the Start menu;
- function of dragging files to the taskbar;
- redesigned «Task Manager» with a dark interface mode and new options for controlling the consumption of system resources
- improved Snap Layouts and window dragging functionality;
- new touch gestures and animations.
Also with 22H2, Microsoft will be adding a new Live Captions accessibility feature that will be useful for people who are hard of hearing, as well as those who want to automatically add subtitles to audio.
And one more upcoming innovation — tabs for the «Explorer». True, according to Windows Central, they will appear after the release of update 22H2, but before the end of this year.
Those who don’t want to wait until September can test the Windows 11 22H2 Update Preview through the beta program.
Read also 🧐