It is rare to find high-quality built-in speakers in smartphones, unless it is a device from the premium segment. The speaker system of the gadget is configured to emphasize the mid-frequency range, in which the main part of the human voice is located.
Although in any case, the sound will be better produced by larger external devices. The phone is connected to a portable speaker via a Bluetooth wireless channel or using a wire.
How to connect a portable speaker to your phone via Bluetooth
Standard way for wireless connection. Connecting a portable speaker on Android and iOS phones is the same way:
- Turn on your Bluetooth speaker.
- On your smartphone, go to the main settings, then to the Bluetooth section.
- Activate the wireless connection and start searching for available devices.
- From the proposed list, select the one you need.
- After a quick connection, you can turn on the music in the application — the sound should now be output from the speaker.
The Bluetooth version does not particularly affect the connection due to backwards compatibility. But older modifications to the standard can affect the range and energy consumption of batteries.
It is especially easy and quick to connect a portable speaker if an NFC chip is installed in the device. Simply put your smartphone on the speaker. Activation will automatically occur and signal transmission will begin. Communication passes through NFC, and music is transmitted via Bluetooth.
How to connect a portable speaker to a phone using an AUX cable
The speaker is usually supplied with an AUX cable with a 3.5 mm mini-jack connector. Even in the case of wireless devices, this connection option may be more stable, providing high-quality sound.
Connecting your phone to the speaker with an AUX cable is very simple. You need to act like this:
- Turn on both devices.
- Find the mini-jack input on the speaker and insert the cable that fits the connector.
- Connect cable to phone. Depending on the model, this can be done directly through the hole for wired headphones or through an adapter to USB‑C.
- Start music and leave the smartphone next to the speaker.
How to connect a portable speaker to a phone via a USB connection
Complete with the device, in addition to the AUX cable, the manufacturer can add a cable with a USB connector. Typically, such a wire is needed to recharge the speaker, but in some cases it can also be used to transmit sound from a smartphone.
To connect the speaker in this way, you may need an adapter from regular USB or USB-C to mini- or micro-USB if the device model is not the latest. The algorithm of actions is the same as in the previous paragraph.
Read also 🧐